Martín Paredes Project Privacy StatementThis privacy statement applies to all project pages owned and operated by Martín Paredes.
What Is Personal Information?
As used herein, the term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name, address, telephone number, mobile number, e-mail address, or credit card number) and information about that individual or his or her activities that is directly linked to personally identifiable information. Personal information does not include “aggregate” information, which is data I collect about the use of the Site or about a group or category of services or users, from which individual identities or other personal information has been removed. This Policy in no way restricts or limits my collection and use of aggregate information.
What Personal Information Do I Collect?
Active Collection: Personal information may be collected in a number of ways when you visit my Sites. I collect certain information you voluntarily provide to me, such as when you make a donation/payment, send me an email or sign up to receive email or text message updates, fill out a form, connect through a social feed, sign up for a service, or request information. Such information may include personal information, such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, geographic location, and credit card information. I may also collect demographic information you may voluntarily provide from time to time, such as in response to questionnaires and surveys, including gender, ethnicity, education, and interest information. If this information is tied to personally identifiable information, it will be treated as personal information. Personal and demographic information may also be collected if you provide such information in connection with creating a profile or group, leaving comments, posting blog comments or other content, sending an email or message to another user, or participating in any interactive forums or features on my Sites. I may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information I collect on my Sites.
Passive Collection: When you use my Sites, some information is also automatically collected, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring website, and your activity on my Sites. If you access the Site from a mobile device, I may also collect information about the type of mobile device you use, your device’s unique ID, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the location of your device. I treat this information as personal information if I combine it with or link it to any of the identifying information mentioned above. Otherwise, it is used in the aggregate only.
I may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies” or web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive at the request of a website. Among other things, cookies help me improve my Sites and your experience. Information obtained from cookies and linked to personally identifying information is treated as personal information. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser manufacturer to learn about these functions. However, if you choose to remove or reject browser cookies, this could affect certain features on my Sites. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on the Site or in emails relating to the Site to collect certain information about usage and effectiveness and monitor user activity on the Site.
How Do I Use the Personal Information I Collect?
I use personal information collected through my Sites for the purposes described in this Policy or elsewhere on the Site. For example, I may use personal information I collect:
- to provide the services, products, or information you request, and to process and complete such requests and any related transactions;
- to send you confirmations, receipts, updates, alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Site;
- to notify you about important changes to the Site;
- to send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that I think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, and resources;
- to connect you with other sites, and to solicit volunteers, donations and support for my projects, issues and organizations that I support;
- to request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, and requests and to provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze site usage and trends, and to personalize and improve the Site and my users’ experiences on the Site, such as providing content, or features that match your profiles or interests, and to increase the Site’s functionality and user friendliness;
- to serve ads, on this Site or other websites or media, based on the information you provide and the actions you take; and
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
What Personal Information Do I Share With Third Parties?
It is my policy not to share the personal information I collect from you through my Site with third parties, except as described in this Policy or as otherwise disclosed on the Site. For example, I may share personal information as follows:
- with vendors, consultants, and other service providers or volunteers who are engaged by or working with me and who need access to such information to carry out their work for me;
- with organizations, groups or causes that I believe have similar viewpoints, principles or objectives;
- when you give me your consent to do so, including if I notify you on the Site, that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when I believe in good faith that I am lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- when I believe in good faith that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to respond to claims or to protect the rights, property, or safety of my users, my employees, my volunteers, copyright owners, third parties or the public, including without limitation to protect such parties from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful activity or use of my Site and;
- to enforce or apply this Policy, or my other policies or agreements.
I am not responsible for the actions of any service providers or other third parties, nor am I responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties, and I encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such parties. Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent.
Links to Other Websites
What Steps Do I Take To Protect Your Information Online?
I take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite my efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission that can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of my Site by any person using your password. Please advise me immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
You may “opt out” of receiving text messages, email updates and newsletters by following the instructions in those text messages and emails.
Last update: September 1, 2023